Friday, July 15, 2011

5 Months - Baby food and a Photo Shoot

I had the day off work today and Sabrina and I hade a Mommy/Daughter day! It began by getting her pictures taken at JC Penny. She did so amazing. She was well behaved but slightly camera shy, she did not want to smile for the photographer, she was just calm and cool the whole time. But she was still very beautiful and the pictures came out great. I ordered some prints and they will be in a week from now. I'm excited to mail them out to our family.

After her pictures we went shopping! At JC Penny I found her some really cute clothes on clearance for $3 and $4. Then we went to Babies R Us to buy some reuseable containers for her babyfood, and we even went to Wal-Mart. We were out for over 3 hours and she never fussed once! She definitely took a LONG nap when we got home.

Since Sabrina turned 4 months we introduced rice cereal and she has caught on to eating solids very well. Today I made her first batch of homemade baby food. I started with sweet potatoes, she really liked them. She will have those for a few days to rule out any allergic reactions, then I plan to have her try apples, I made the batch of apples tonight too and froze everything in single serve portions. The cost difference is amazing when it comes to making your own babyfood. Today's batches of food were 32 oz of sweet potato and 16 oz of apples and it cost me $3.50 the same amount of food in jars would have cost me about $20. If I can keep up with this, I will save so much money!

Thats about all we have been up to!
Here are some pictures! A sneek peek of Sabrina's photoshoot and a picture of her babyfood I made.




No comments:

Post a Comment