Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Little Family

Welcome to the new blog!
Our family blog will focus on our daily life as a new family with our sweet little girl.
I will try not to make all the posts baby related, however our lives DO revolve around Sabrina these days.

Since Sabrina was born our lives have changed in so many wonderful ways. Arturo spent 2 weeks at home with me on maternity leave and it was a great opportunity to bond as a family. I went back to work when Sabrina was 11 weeks old and now that I have been back to work for a month we have fallen into a good routine during the week and Arturo and I work well together to "tag team" all of the daily tasks to help things run smoothly.

Now that Sabrina is alomost 4 months the newness is slowly wearing off and we dont feel like rookies all the time anymore, there are still days when we are reminded of our inexperience but we take it all in stride. But all in all we are getting more comfortable with our roles as parents.

A couple weeks ago we had our first family outing to the Arizona Science Center. I have to admit, we were slightly nervous, would Sabrina do well with all the people? would she cry? would she have a massively messy diaper and get it all over the place? We did our best to be prepared, fed and changed her right before and Arturo carried her in the Baby Bjorn carrier and she was so happy and content the whole time looking at the exhibits. She got tons of compliments from people for being such a good baby! The second half of the outing she fell asleep. SUCCESS!!!! We felt so proud of ourselves afterwards! We did it!

The next day Arturo and I had our first Date outing since Sabrina was born. It was WAY overdue. We only went to see a movie but it was great! I felt like we were dating again. My parents babysat and loved every minute of it (or so they say) I almost feel like I was the one doing them a favor so they could have some one on one time with her.

Well thats about it for today! I will do my best to keep things current by updating the blog once a week hopefully. I hope you all enjoy the adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment